Saturday, October 11, 2008

CHILD MARRIAGES !

I just came across something thats haunting n ruling my mind since a week or so by now.I happen to overhear a conversation of one helpless man ,or probably an ignorant man,who got his 16 yr old daughter marry. When on involving in the conversation,i happen to ask why he got her daughter so young at the age to be educated got married?Two straight answers without any doubt,firstly-she's intelligent and will wish to study which we cant afford.Secondly-our elders wish to see her marriage before they pass away ...further added that the daughters in-laws are ready to clear away all his debts..Later that night ,i unknowingly happen to see "baalika vadhu" on colors..I didnt knew to be glad or unhappy about it...It showed the helplessness of a father to get his daughter married to clear off his debts to an older man...It telecasted a true situations..The conversations ,the incidents,the words...just echoing in my mind and now its really hauting me...N my inner consious isn't taking a sigh as its wandering for the solution to slowly make this awareness amongst others regarding child marriages...Was planning for plays,across villages..something still so much hazily..want ur suggestions and valuable inputs...Kindly drop in how can this atleast begin to perish...!

Looking forward!

No comments: