Sunday, March 21, 2010

In the name of GOD !!

A hectic day at work,finally as clock ticks 2 pm noon I am so eager to just rush to the bus stop.I see the roads filled with vehicles in pipeline.The vendors roaming around,the cubical and very disproportionate bodies movies around in vibrant apparel wear pushing you and rushing their way...no water around to quench my thirst yet,a noise .." aj ki san sanati tez khabar..India Pakistan ek desh ab"..I see a master mind of marketing there..He sells the news papers  saying this daily yet there are people buying knowing he is faking out...Strange but true..Its said in Marketing..We are concerned with nothing than the product sold !!I manage to get a seat and wrap myself full covered to protect me from the dust and sun.I start my I-pod and here I go.."I am a rock..i am.." ...Ticket hello...."One Anand" I rest myself back in my track..Such a relaxing though I am boiled like a stuffed capsicum..I go in deep sleep and as I wake up the sun parted its way .I opened my scarf and untied my hair..the cool breeze makes me go zing..I peeped out and my hair feels the breeze..I see a lady peeing out the other window and looking back at me ,she giggles and seats back.Again does the same..This time I said ," Am I not looking like a star? My hair,me..She gave a wide smile and I said,"you try its amazing !" I loosened her greyish white silvery hair and made her feel the breeze and I saw a light of peace on her face which made me feel top of the world..

I look around as my senses listen to a temple prayer..I close my eyes for a min and as I opened I saw people stare at me ..I felt so insecure at sudden,was thinking all way "why?"and without any doubt I noticed that the "taviz" in my neck.Why is such a barrier..?I seriously could feel the insecure level an Islamic might be feeling..It drowned my heart in grief.I sheepishly secured myself covering the "taviz" .I said to myslef " you coward!how can you? " I again said myself "I will learn,I will live " I removed the scarf and sat back.

I reached the desired destination,saw my mom standing by..I was about to tell her what happened ,and before that we went to a Temple "Lambhvel" and standing in que to get inside I felt the same feeling of insecurity,fear ,the nearness to death..I turned around and I notice all starring at me just because I wore a " Taviz" which seems to be a sin for others..What the f???I walked down in a shunned face of shame .I am sure even if a Hindu steps in to musque he must be facing the same.Why such cultural barriers ?Are they important more than being humnan ???

A kiddo pulls my hand and says" One nariyal ben" A little kid 3yr old.Its so heart breaking to see them earn for a bread !Her nose was running ,she was so shabby yet so beautiful, her sparkling eyes ,such a pretty smile,I cleaned her running nose..Tried to teach her too..yet failed twice and finally pinned up an hanky on her rosy frock,a big smile and she just hugged me hard and gave a kiss on my cheek.The warmth I felt was tremendous.


"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion" ,I said to myself.

No comments: